Thursday, December 29, 2011

Enjoying December

December was full of fun!!!  We had so many parties and activities leading up to Christmas :)
I just LOVE this little picture of my Dad- it used to sit on Mom's nightstand but I stole it and love carrying it around.  Mom thought that it was hilarious when I had it sitting on the laptop screen!!!!
This might just be Mom's favorite picture ever!!! Mom works on Tuesdays and this is what Dad walked in to... Kellen was patiently waiting for some breakfast!!!  I have no idea why he was naked but this picture is too stinking cute :)  


My friends and I at the Meadow Lane sing-a-long
After the sing-a-long we went back to our classroom and enjoyed our Christmas Party!!!  Don't you just love my reindeer hat??
We also played a relay race to put together the snowman...
and we made edible sleighs with lots of yummy candy :)
It's kinda hard to see but this is the gingerbread man I made and I named her Kiersten- just like Mom!!!!! 
Kellen also got to participate in all the party activities- he's one lucky kid!!!!
Kellen and I were lucky enough to get our Christmas presents from Nana- and she even let us open our gifts early!!!  I got some awesome jammies that I try to wear every night whether they are clean or dirty!!!!

I also got a cool headband with a K on it
Kellen and I in our new jammies from Nana- Thank you so much Nana :)
(and yes that fancy hair piece was a gift from Nana too!!!)
Our friend Brad from Arizona is also a big Packers fan and he got to come to KC and go to the Packers/ Chiefs game this year.  When I was little I used to call Brad "Daddy Brad" and that just happened to stick so now Kellen calls him "Daddy Brad" too!!!
They had to stop mid-wrestle to check out some football game!!!!
Of course I had to join in in the wrestling :)
Grandma Clelia's birthday is in December so we decided it would be fun to drive down to Wichita and surprise Grandma on her birthday!!!  Before we left we made Grandma some birthday cupcakes, Kellen and I had fun frosting the cupcakes. 



We became obsessed with how many sprinkles we could fit on the cupcakes :)

and yes Kellen did lick quite a few cupcakes :)  When we were eating them with Grandma, Aunt Pretty picked up one that looked like it had been licked- Mom told her that there was a pretty good chance that it had been licked :) I wish Mom would have taken a picture of all our cupcakes- they were some mighty fancy cupcakes :)  Mom wasn't sure she wanted to eat one but no one else minded.  Those cupcakes tasted YUMMY!!!!!

Mom and I found these Mickey Mouse figurines and I decided to get them and paint them for Kellen for Christmas! 

I had a great time painting these guys.  And Kellen LOVED them when he opened them on Christmas morning :)
While we were in Wichita we went to watch the newest Alvin and the Chipmunks movie with all my cousins and Uncle Klint.  We had a great time and we went through 4 large buckets of popcorn!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment