Sunday, May 15, 2011

School pool party!!

So a couple weeks ago my school had a pool party and I begged for Mom to take us. Dad was supposed to go too but he volunteered to play softball instead- I really wish he would have been there to see how well I am swimming now!! The night was pretty interesting to say the least... Mom thought that the party was at the school a couple miles away- so we headed that way. When we got to this school Mom realized that we were at the wrong school so she googled the right school and it came up that it was 20+ miles away, she was pretty upset that she hadn't double checked before we left but decided that we would drive to the other school. After driving for almost 35 minutes we got to the new school only to find out that it was the Mission Trail Elementary school, elementary school don't have pools so Mom decided it was the wrong school AGAIN!!! By this time it was 6:55pm and the party ended at 8. Mom googled the school again only to find out that Mission Trail Middle School is literally 2 miles from our house!!!!! Mom was convinced that there was no way we would make it all the way across town in time. She tried so hard to get me to agree to getting a smoothie instead of going swimming but I wasn't going for it. This was my first swim party ever and I was determined to go. Mom was just about in tears as she turned around and headed right back to where we started over an hour ago. We finally got to Mission Trail Middle School at 7:20. Once we got to the pool we had a great time. I insisted on jumping off the diving board first :)



It's fair to say that I'm basically a fish. I have no fear and will do anything in the water. This pool was so big and I would take off swimming towards the 12 foot end and kept scaring Mom cause there was no way Mom could have gotten all the way out there if something happened. But there is no need to worry- I never freak out and just keep swimming :)
This is my friend Logan. She was my only friend that was able to make it to the party. I'm really going to miss Logan when I go to Meadow Lane next year for kindergarten and she stays at Forest View.

Lucky for Mom they let everyone stay late and didn't end the swim party until almost 9:00pm. So she did get her monies worth :) You all know my Mom and how "frugal" she is- it was a good ending to what started out as a frustrating night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment