Thursday, October 7, 2010

Indiana

Last weekend we drove to Indiana to spend some time with Grandpa Ron, Grammie and all our other family. Kellen and I LOVE spending time in Indiana
St. Louis is about half way between Kansas City and Poseyville so of course we stopped by the zoo. We purposely stopped so we could see the amazing Hippo exhibit... after walking all the way to the back of the zoo we found out that they were fixing the glass and the hippos were not on display. I was super disappointed, Mom couldn't believe that we wasted an hour of our trip and didn't even get to see hippos. Mom said next time we drive through St. Louis Mom she will call and make sure the hippos are there first.

We did get to see the elephants though :)


Friday afternoon we got to Grandpa Ron's house!
Kellen and I love torturing Grandpa Ron's cat Nadine. We chase her around the entire time we are there!


Grandpa Ron had a box of crayons and I had a great time coloring pictures for EVERYONE!

Kellen and I also had a great time playing with Grandpa Ron's recliner. I loved pulling the handle and making Kellen fall back, he would laugh so hard. Grandpa said he might have to get us a recliner for Christmas since we enjoyed it so much :)
Saturday morning we drove to Poseyville and got to spend sometime with Grammie. I love my Grammie so much and kept begging Mom to spend the night with her, I never want to leave my Grammie!

Kellen, Grammie and I had tons of fun playing cars on her table.
After the long day of traveling before and all the playing at Grammie's house Kellen decided that he would just fall asleep on her couch. Kellen has NEVER fallen asleep at a random place like that. But believe me that kid needed a nap!!!

Kellen, Grandpa Ron and I
On Sunday we went out and picked up Grammie and we all went to Uncle Kevin's house to watch some football and hang out. I spent the afternoon playing with my little princesses. Aunt Roxie was in the kitchen with me and really enjoyed overhearing my princesses and I interacting!
Kellen loved spending time with Uncle Kevin. Uncle Kevin even let him play with his cell phone, Kellen was having a great time listening to the crazy talking cat on his phone.
Kellen was determined to put his sock on by himself, Grammie was trying to give him pointers :)
Making funny faces...
trying to teach Kellen to make funny faces....
he finally caught on- Nice Job Kellen!!!!!
On the way out of town we always stop by and say hi to Papi...
I insisted that we buy him some flowers, and ended up picking out pink ones from me and blue ones from Kellen.
I even colored Papi a picture of him and I holding hands. I carried this picture around with me for 2 days asking when we could go see Papi so I could give it to him. I was VERY concerned about how Papi was gonna see my picture and didn't want it to blow away so I "stole" 4 rocks from Uncle Kevin's house, one for each corner. But once we got there it was too windy and I had to find a couple more rocks so it didn't blow away. I miss my Papi so much!

We had a great weekend in Indiana and can't wait until Thanksgiving when we get to go back and see everyone again.

No comments:

Post a Comment