Last week Mom, Kellen & I went to see Grandpa Cold Beer and Grandma Lynn for a long weekend in Folly Beach, South Carolina.

We had to wake up super early to get on our airplane for Folly Beach. Since Kellen isn't 2 yet he still gets to fly for free but that means that he has to share a seat with Mom and I... that kids is too big to be sharing seats with Mom and I. He spent lots of time hanging out in the aisle playing with his "vroom vrooms" or cars as the rest of us like to call them :) He made lots of new friends on the airplanes!

After traveling all morning we landed in Charleston at noon, still with a full day to spend at the beach! Kellen and I were both knocked out as soon as we got into the car!

As soon as we got to Grandpa's house Grandma Lynn was already ready to take us to the beach, we changed into our suits, got on the golf cart and headed to the beach... Kellen and I LOVE the golf cart!!!


Grandpa Cold Beer taking Kellen into the water for the first time this year

Kellen didn't love the beach as much as I did, I think that the waves scared him. Grandma Lynn took him out there and tried to get him to love the beach like her and I do but Kellen wasn't really loving it and held onto Grandma Lynn for dear life!!!!


I could live at the beach... I LOVE it so much! You all know that I have no fear so it should be no surprise to anyone that I ran right into that water and loved playing as deep as I could go. There were times when Mom looked out there and all she could see was my head. She had to keep telling me to come back in closer, I think she was worried that the waves would take me under!

Kellen on the other hand is just like Grandpa Cold Beer and Mom, he could care less about the beach. I don't think that any of them like getting all the sticky sand and saltwater all over them!



I think that Kellen wanted to like the beach but as soon as the waves crashed up on shore he came running back


We love our Grandpa Cold Beer!


I collected lots of pretty seashells. Kellen tried to help me but as soon as he picked up one shell his fingers got dirty and it was more worried about cleaning his hands...needless to say he didn't help me collect anymore shells!!

This is Mom's FAVORITE picture. As soon as the water hit Kellen's ankle's he came running back to Mom... he's such a wuss!!

Grandma Lynn helped us build a sand castle, Kellen didn't really help very much he just kinda held the shovel.

There he is...worried about the sand on his hands :)

Grandpa thought that taking a nap on the beach was a great idea- Kellen couldn't understand this and it took all he had not to wake him up...

he couldn't wait any longer he just had to mess with Grandpa!! That's what he gets for taking a nap when little kids are around and want to play!! We love you Grandpa

Grandma Lynn brought out the "boogie-board" and was trying to teach me how to ride some waves... I wasn't that great at it; every time I got on the board it just flipped over.





After the beach we went back to Grandpa & Grandma Lynn's house and cleaned up for dinner. We got to go eat at their favorite hang out "The Crab Shack" we love seeing all their friends when we go there!

Kellen and I got to take turns driving the golf cart. Kellen is a much crazier driver than I am :)


Mommy and I sitting in the back while Kellen drove us to dinner

Friday morning Grandma Lynn took me to find some new Silly Bands, we were able to find some pretty cool fish ones! I've got so many Silly Bands now- I love them!!

Grandpa requested some brownies so of course I had to help Grandma Lynn, you all know that I'm basically a pro when it comes to baking :)

While they waited on the brownies to be done Grandpa and Kellen enjoyed some Nilla Wafers.

They are too stinking cute in this picture!!

Reading "Where is Spot" to Kellen. We've read it so many times that he already knows what's behind all the flaps!!

Saturday morning it was back to the beach again... I couldn't ask for a better Saturday!


Kellen started to enjoy the beach a little bit more on Saturday, he was able to help building sand castles with Grandma Lynn and I.


Kellen would walk into the beach as long as someone was holding his hand, as soon as Mom let go he freaked out and wouldn't move. Mom kept trying to get him used to the water!

This was the first time in years that Mom has actually gotten her swimsuit wet at the beach, she's more the type to sit back and watch everything. But with Kellen refusing to go in by himself, Mom had no choice but to go in with him.

Grandpa Cold Beer, Mommy, Kellen and I

Saturday night-Kellen and I were trying to make my blanket long enough to cover Grandpa's belly and his toes...let's just say I need a bigger blanket :)

Sunday morning Grandpa took us to downtown Charleston and we got to ride on a horse-drawn carriage. Kellen and I thought that it was pretty cool to be riding in a carriage!




Sunday night Mom took us to the big park on Folly Beach, Kellen and I needed to run off some energy- I think we were starting to drive Mom crazy!!!

We had to get back home on Monday but before we left we went to brunch with Grandpa and Grandma Lynn. Afterwards we stopped at the Italian Ice stand and got some yummy desert!!!

On this trip Kellen became obsessed with airplanes or "nah-nanes" as he calls them. He LOVED watching all the airplanes in the airport!!

Once again Kellen spent most of the flight in the aisle of the airplane. Mom kept telling him to get up cause those floors are disgusting but he never listened.
Overall we had a great vacation and can't wait to go back again. We hope that next time Dad and Aunt Pretty's family came come with us. Thanks Grandpa & Grandma Lynn for an amazing vacation- we love you!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment