Friday, June 11, 2010

Our Phoenix Trip

Last week we all went to Phoenix to see all of your old friends and family. It was a week filled with fun!!!
We flew out of Wichita so we got to spend a couple hours with Grandma and the Davis family before our plane took off. Mom got me this beautiful red floppy hat and Kellen just had to try it on!
Kellen and I have traveled so much that we are getting really great at it. We could fly all day long!
After a long day of traveling Kellen and I were both knocked out before we even drove out of the airport parking lot. There was no way for Mom to bring my big car seat so I had to sit in the booster; let me just tell you that it's really hard to fall asleep in that car seat. I really missed my regular car seat.
As soon as we got into town we went to Nana's house and got to meet baby Peyton for the first time. He's too cute!!! Kellen and I both had lots of fun playing with Peyton's baby toys
Austin is a little stinker and refuses to take pictures so he ducked out of this picture before Mom could take it. Mom considered it a game to see how many pictures of Austin she could take... she actually did pretty well
Mommy and baby Peyton


On Wednesday we went to the Zoo! I was pretty disappointed that there wasn't any hippos there but there was this hippo rock- that was my favorite part of the whole zoo. I wish I could have a big hippo rock like this one at my house.

Monkey see monkey do :) Kellen will do just about anything you tell him to do, it's probably my favorite game right now!!

After the zoo we headed to Austin's house where Aunt Katelyn had just bought a new pool, so we got to spend lots of time swimming.

An early morning at the zoo then swimming for a couple hours with Austin and all before lunch leads to an exhausted couple of kids. I couldn't even stay awake for the short ride back to Uncle Gregg's house.
That afternoon our cousin Elena and her boyfriend Cory came to Phoenix to spend some time with us. They just got a new puppy named Hokulani; Kellen and I grew to love that puppy! I keep telling Mommy that I want a puppy but I don't think that Mommy is ready for that much responsibility just yet- Kellen and I keep her busy enough!!
Kellen and I LOVED playing to Hoku's cage!!

On Thursday we all went to the new aquarium at Arizona Mills. It was pretty cool getting to see all the colorful fishes up close.
They had lots of bubbles like this that we all enjoyed peeking our heads through...I love my Mom!!
Me, Cory and Uncle Gregg looking down on the big tank filled with stingrays

Cory was a great help at the aquarium, Kellen loved it when he picked him up and gave him a better view of all the fishes!!!

The jellyfish were my favorite, I kept asking about them the entire time until we finally got to their tank. I think that they are pretty cool looking-lets hope that I never see one that's not behind the thick glass!!

After the aquarium we walked the mall and shopped a little bit, then we went to Ikea and got a couple things that my Grandma wanted and then we went to the best ever shaved ice place Bahama Bucks. Needless to say we were all exhausted when we got back to Uncle Gregg's house but it was a great day spent with some of our amazing family!!
That evening we went over to Nana's house where she made us some spaghetti. Kellen and I had lots of fun playing at Nana's house! Kellen was a little bit too short for that pool so he spent most of the time playing in the yard


Kellen was just a little bit too short for this basketball goal so he learned how to climb on the picnic table and make baskets

Kellen and baby Peyton
For those of you that don't know Peyton's Dad Billy- this kid looks just like him. What's up with all these kids looking just like their Dad's-the Mom's are the ones that did all the hard work, they should look somewhat like them :)
We spent the night at Nana's house Friday night and spent most of the day Saturday swimming with Austin so by the time we drove back to Uncle Gregg's house I was pretty tired!! Hey give me a break- it's tiring being on vacation :)
I've got the best Uncle Gregg ever, he will do just about anything to play with me. I could sit here and listen to him read me books all day long. Thanks Uncle Gregg for letting us invade your house while we were in Phoenix, we love you so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment