Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Indiana

We took a trip to Indiana last weekend; my Papi passed away. I always love going to Indiana, I have so much fun hanging out with all my family there.
On the ride there Kellen FINALLY figured out how to feed himself. Mom was very excited that I was able to hand him animal crackers while she was driving. I kept trying to get him to ask and say "thank you" but he hasn't caught on yet!!

Kellen is always trying to eat his toes... Mom says I used to do the same thing when I was little. I'm not sure why anyone would like to eat their toes, that's gross!!
After 2 years of hating having my picture taken I have started to love it. Everytime the camera comes out I ask that my picture be taken too.


Here I am "winking". I have been practicing a lot and I think I am getting better at it, but Mom isn't so sure about that!!

On the way to Grammy's house on Sunday we stopped by the Evansville Zoo. On my Zoo rating scale I would have to give it a 5. They didn't even have elephants... what kind of Zoo doesn't have elephants???

Did you know that porcupines climb trees? Mom had no idea that they could climb so high, this one was sitting 15 feet high up in a tree.

These turtles were swimming around like crazy, Kellen loved watching them.



My brother is such a trooper... he will sit in that stroller all day long while I run from animal to animal. There is no way this could be comfortable!!

These are the Tamarins, I liked them cause they had crazy hair. I kept telling Mom that they have crazy hair like my Grandma!!

My favorite animal (for this month!!) the Hippo!

I made my Mom stick her head in the bat so I could take her picture, doesn't she look so silly?!!

Kellen and Grammy... we love our Grammy so much, I hope we get to see her again real soon!
On a side note... Kellen took his first step at Grammy's house!! Mom thought that was really cool since I took my first step there too. Mom didn't think that Kellen was even close to walking but he might surprise everyone and walk by his birthday. There must be something about Grammy's house that makes kids wanna walk!!

My Nana was also in Indiana, we always have so much fun playing with Nana.



Some people wear "beer goggles" from time to time... I like to call these "cookie goggles"!!

Mom even wore "cookie goggles" with me!!

After the funeral on Monday we all got together to eat lunch. They had all kinds of great food. The cherry cheesecake was the best but I had to keep my eye out for my cousin Kyle cause he kept trying to take my cheesecake. I tried being a nice cousin and offering him my cheesecake but only after I licked all the cherries off the top. But he wasn't too interested in my "cherryless" cheesecake!!

Our cousin Isabelle is just a couple months older than Kellen so those two had lots of fun playing with all Kellen's toys.

You'd never know that Kellen was 2 months younger than Isabelle, I think it's just impossible for my parents to have small children!!

On the way home Tuesday we stopped in St.Louis and met up with our friend Jen and went to the Zoo... I know 2 Zoos in one week, I am the luckiest kid in the world!! It took us 4 hours to visit the Zoo and we didn't even get to see everything. I would definitely love to go back to that Zoo again.

They had a butterfly garden and there were tons of butterflies flying around. And it shouldn't surprise anyone that it wasn't my favorite place to be, maybe someday I'll quit being afraid of such small animals!! Mom thought that these butterflies were funny, I didn't really get why she thought they were funny, but maybe you will!!

There is my Kellen again, he just sat in that stroller once again admiring all the animals.
The Hippos at this Zoo were AMAZING. There were 4 Hippos and they were just swimming laps, Kellen and I loved watching them swim right by us. I could have stayed there all day, and we did spend the most time at this exhibit.
I had so much fun this weekend playing with my cousins, and seeing all my family. It was a great weekend especially cause I got to go to 2 Zoos. (I give the STL Zoo at 8 and a half rating, only cause it was so big and there wasn't really a great route where we could see all the animals and not have to back track). I loved Jen and had to make sure she saw all the animals with me. I know that she had to be tired after all the zigging and zagging that she did with me all day. I can't wait to go back to Indiana and look forward to stopping by the STL Zoo again on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment